Admission Criteria for UG Courses, Ramsaday College
Honours / General
The admission sub-committee formulates rules for admission following the guidelines of the University of Calcutta. The admission of the S.C/S.T. candidates is regulated by Government norms. Special consideration in admission may be made to those students having outstanding performance in games and sports.
1) The candidate must passed H.S. or equivalent (having English of 100 marks) examination for Admission to 3 year degree course.
2) A) Eligibility critaria for Hons. :
i) 55% in subject or related subjects.
ii) Aggregate 50% and 45% in subjects or related subjects are to be secured.
[ Aggregate means total of best 4 subjects ]
iii) 50% in best-4 if subject or related subjects was not taught in the last exam.
Either 40% in best-4 or 40% in subject or related subjects.
3) SC/ST candidates should obtained minimum 75% marks og general candidates admitted last.
4) Reservations : For SC - 22%, ST - 6% and PH - 3%.
5) Vocational candidates are allowed to persue general courses of studies only.
6) No candidate will be allowed to admission after a lapse of more than 3 years from previous qualifying examinations.
Students coming from states outside West Bengal, if admitted, must produce a Migration Certificate within One Month of admission. University of Calcutta has issued a circular regarding migration [No. R/103/Circular (2007) dt. 22.05.2007] and this will be effective from the academic session 2007-08.
Note : Aggregate means total of best-4 subjects excluding ENVS.
For More Details Contact College Office